Clean Master (Cleaner)
Free app to free up storage and improve device performance
- Category Security/Performance
- Program license Free
- Version 5.13.1
- Size 15 MB
- Works under: Android
- Program available in English
- Content rating Everyone
- Package name com.cleanmaster.mguard
12/F, Fosun International Center Tower No. 237 Chaoyang North Road Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022 People's Republic of China
Clean Master Cleaner is an app that helps maintain your Android device and keep it running well.
Android devices can be prone to poor performance over time because of installation and saved data bloat, unoptimized caches, large histories and so forth. Clean Master Cleaner exists to help you keep those problems in check without having to a factory reset and resync every few months.
The program is free to use and includes a number of different optimization mechanisms. It can help you end and disable tasks as well as manage programs that launch at start up. It can search for files that may be no longer used or are unnecessarily large. It can help identify installed apps you no longer use and then uninstall them. It also cleans caches and temp files. Sure, they’ll return, but this keeps them in check since many programs don’t optimize that space.
Clean Master Cleaner can help with your personal data as well. Clean your browsing, call and other histories on demand. When you uninstall an app, it will go behind that uninstall process and get rid of all residual files. Residual files are a big reason for storage usage creep. It features a lightweight AV solution that can detect and eliminate malware. It also has a boost feature, which optimizes many of the settings on your phone or tablet with just one click.
The app lacks recovery options. It doesn’t do anything without your permission, but if you give it the go-ahead and then change your mind, you may be out of luck. Therefore, it’s important to be careful when using this program and never delete anything unless you’re sure you don’t need it.
- Cleans files, caches, histories and more
- Uninstalls apps and residual files
- Antivirus protection
- Few recovery options
A few minor updates to make Clean Master an even better Cleaner & Booster, with enhanced Antivirus protection
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BATTERY_STATS: Allows an application to collect battery statistics
- BROADCAST_STICKY: Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. These are broadcasts whose data is held by the system after being finished, so that clients can quickly retrieve that data without having to wait for the next broadcast.
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- CLEAR_APP_CACHE: Allows an application to clear the caches of all installed applications on the device.
- EXPAND_STATUS_BAR: Allows an application to expand or collapse the status bar.
- GET_PACKAGE_SIZE: Allows an application to find out the space used by any package.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- MOUNT_UNMOUNT_FILESYSTEMS: Allows mounting and unmounting file systems for removable storage.
- PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS: Allows an application to collect component usage statistics
- RESTART_PACKAGES: This constant was deprecated in API level 8. The restartPackage(String) API is no longer supported.
- SET_ALARM: Allows an application to broadcast an Intent to set an alarm for the user.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- USE_FINGERPRINT: Allows an app to use fingerprint hardware.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.